Call for Exhibitions February-May 2019
Calling all visual artists! The Yukon Art Society (YAS) is currently accepting exhibitions proposals for the Focus and Edge Galleries at Arts Underground for the months of February through to May 2019.
Exhibitions are juried by a committee of arts professionals and the YAS Curator. YAS accepts proposals from individual and groups of artists, curators, and non-profit organizations. Applicants may submit more than one proposal but will not have multiple proposals selected. Applicants do not need to be YAS members in order to submit a proposal. However, successful applicants must be members at the time of their exhibitions. Non-profit organizations may purchase an organizational membership. Individual applicants with complementary proposals may be grouped together by the Jury.
Each exhibition runs for approximately four weeks. Artists are responsible for having their work ready to hang at the time of their exhibition. YAS will provide overall exhibition coordination, which includes curatorial direction, preparatory assistance, and promotion
Exhibition proposals must include:
1. Completed “Exhibition Application” form (available to download with application package below)
- Preference of months: Please rank the available months in order of preference.
- Preference of gallery: Please indicate gallery preference on the application form. Final gallery assignments will be made by the jury; preferences will be taken into consideration but are not guaranteed. See the Exhibition Terms of Entry and General Information for gallery specifications (available to download with application package below).
2. Curriculum vitae for each participating artist and/or curator, as applicable
3. Description of group/organization, if applicable
4. Detailed description of exhibition description including:
- Overall artistic/curatorial concept
- Display/installation methods, if key to concept
- How participating artists and artwork will be selected, if applicable
5. Detailed description of artwork identifying:
- Media to be exhibited
- Approximate number of works to be exhibited
- Approximate size(s) of works to be exhibited
- Whether the work is completed, in progress, or still to be created
- For individual artworks: Title, Artist(s), Medium, Size, Year, and whether or not the work is intended for the proposed exhibition
- For exhibitions: Title, Curator(s), Artist(s), Gallery, Year
7. A self-addressed, stamped envelope large enough and with sufficient postage for the return of submission materials. If you do not supply an envelope to return them, submissions will be recycled/discarded. Please do not submit materials that you need returned right away.
The deadline for exhibition proposals is Friday September 7th 2018 by 5pm. The exhibition application package is available for download below or in hard copy at Arts Underground. All applicants must read the complete document before submitting a proposal.
Please send proposals to:
Yukon Art Society Exhibitions
Attention: Executive Director
15-305 Main Street, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B4
Call: 867.667.4080 ext. 23 / Fax: 867.667.6056
Documents Available for Download: