Screen Printed Transfers on Ceramics
One way to incorporate surface design into a piece a pottery is using screen printing. Initially this technique takes longer to do and involves a technical process but can save time in the future and allow you to refine your designs. Instead of free drawing or painting designs on to ceramics directly each time, print transfers requires a drawing/ design once and the print can easily be reproduced from start to finish multiple times. The benefits for incorporating screen printing into ceramics is for large bodies of work, clear detailed images and personal illustrations without sacrificing consistency or quality.
You will learn the screen printing, start to finish and how directly transfer a fresh print onto a ceramic surface. This course is beneficial to all ceramicists, hand builders and throwers.
- Programs takes place Septemebr - May
- Instructed by various instructors
- 3 sessions/ weeks, each session is 3 hours each
- $200 + gst
- All supplies included
- 10 participants maximum
- Ages 14 and older
- Previous clay experience is required
- Students must provide their own pieces to print on
Participants Will Learn:
- The technical and creative process involved with screen printing
- Screen printing terminology
- How to combine fine art and craft and design
- How to translate and prepare drawings and illustrations for screen printing.